Apply now: SRMA Professional Development Funding is Available!
SRMA has funds available for SRMA members for professional development opportunities taking place between December 2021-February 2022. Applications must be received by October 19th following the instructions below.
There will be a second call in December for applications for professional development opportunities taking place between March-June 2022. SRMA will fund a total of 3-5 awards of up to $300 each.
- Applicants MUST be current SRMA members. To become a member, join us here!
- Applications are only being accepted at this time for professional development opportunities taking place between December 2021-February 2022.
- Funds requested may not exceed $300 and can only cover the registration or enrollment cost of the professional development opportunity. Funding does not cover travel or other associated costs.
- Funds requested may only support professional development opportunities (such as, but not limited to, workshops and trainings, both in-person and virtual) that supports the SRMA member’s work in the archives profession or the SRMA organization
- Applications will be reviewed by SRMA’s Scholarship Committee for the following criteria: demonstrated need; expected benefit; and geographic and institutional diversity. We especially encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Funding will be received by the awardee as a reimbursement after the awardee has registered for the professional development opportunity and submitted proof of registration to SRMA.
- Successful awardees are required to submit a 300-500 word essay to SRMA’s Rocky Mountain Archivist newsletter after completing their professional development opportunity. The essay should discuss how the professional development opportunity impacted or will impact the future their work as an archivist.
To apply for funding for professional development opportunities taking place between December 2021-February 2022, please fill out this application: https://forms.gle/9JkHCiEFHED6nYp3A
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS OCTOBER 15, 2021.
Here are a few suggestions for professional development opportunities coming up!
Society of American Archivists: Course Catalog
Northeast Document Conservation Center: Preservation Trainings
Association of Moving Image Archivists: Webinars
Questions? Contact Megan Friedel, SRMA Past President and Chair of the SRMA Scholarship Committee: email@example.com